Wednesday



I am a wife, mother, grandmother, singer, actress, director and teacher who developed a love for painting late in life. In 2003, I decided to be trained as a scenic artist as I was painting all of
the scenery for the plays my husband and I direct at our school. I developed a passion for painting, not just scenery and the illusions I can create, but for many different kinds of painting. I really love the feel of the medium and manipulating it. Something else I have
always really loved is wood – especially raw wood. Along with painting effects on wood for scenery, I discovered that I loved to burn and paint designs and text on all kinds of wood pieces. It has become a bit of an obsession. Proof of this, is my daughter’s old bedroom. I took all of the natural wood furniture in her room and transformed it into designed, burned and painted works of folk art. I am especially fond of spiritually based messages or inspirational
quotes on these pieces, but I also really love to do whimsical plaques for children’s rooms with book themes. If I could stop almost everything else in my life (other than playing with my grandchild) I would, just so I could design, burn and paint all day every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment